Nigeria Police Academy Courses, Admission requirements and Cut Off Marks 2020/2021.
Nigeria Police Academy Courses, POLAC Courses, and Requirements, NPA Courses and Requirements. Here is the updated list of the accredited courses offered at the Nigeria Police Academy, NPA (POLAC) with their admission requirements for the 2020/2021 academic session. Continue reading to see more information below.
The origin of the Nigeria Police Academy dates back to the early 80s when the Government of Nigeria in 1981 requested the British Government to make available to Nigeria, some united Kingdom Police officers to assess the training needs of the Nigeria Police.
In response to this request, a team of three British Police officers led by M.A. H Pacy ( Assistant Chief Constable, Hamberside Police) was sent to Nigeria by the British Government. The team submitted its report known as the pacy report in 1982. This report was formally published as the white paper of the Federal Republic, of Nigeria, on the future training needs of the Nigeria Police Force. A follow up of recommendations of the pacy report led to the search for the best training orientation for the Nigeria Police.
In 1986, the then Inspector General of Police Alhaji Mohammed A. Gambo rtd, sent a delegation of three Nigeria Police officers led by late S.Z. Daura (Assistant Inspector General) to Egypt to under study the Egyptian Police Academy. The report and recommendations of these two teams of experts had far reaching effects in laying the foundation for the establishment of the Nigeria Police Academy, kano to serve as an institution for high level manpower development, with a mission to train police officers to acquire the highest standards of professionalism.
- 1 Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) Accredited Courses
- 2 Nigeria Police Academy Courses Admission Requirements
- 3 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 4 Most Related Posts:
Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) Accredited Courses
- Banking And Finance
- English Language
- History And International Studies
- Management Studies
- Political Science
- Social Work
Nigeria Police Academy Courses Admission Requirements
The following are the admission requirements:
- Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 17 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 1.67 Metres(5 Feet 6 Inches) if male, and 1.62 Metres (5 Feet 4 Inches) if female. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86cm (34 Inches for those between 21 and 22 years of age). All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX(6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), the National Examinations Council (NECO) or the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) at not more than 2 sittings. All Candidates must also have a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Academy.
- Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness.
- SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2015 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
If this article on Nigeria Police Academy Courses, Admission requirements and Cut Off Marks 2020/2021 has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.