Full Biography and Net Worth of 2face Idibia (2baba)
This article is about the biography and net worth of the African hip-hop legend Tu face Innocent Idibia popularly referred to as “2baba”. 2baba as he now prefers to be called is a prominent Nigerian singer, record producer, song writer, and entrepreneur who has won several awards in and outside of Nigeria.
- 1 Background and Family
- 2 2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia Albums
- 3 2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia Songs
- 4 Awards and Nominations
- 5 2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia’s Marital life
- 6 Pero Adeniyi (2baba’s 1st baby mama)
- 7 Tuface’s Houses
- 8 Other Sources of Wealth
- 9 Net Worth
- 10 We are a Community of Over 100,000 Readers-Join Us Now!
- 11 Most Related Posts:
Background and Family
2face Idibia (i.e., 2baba) was born on the 18th day of September 1975 in Jos, Nigeria. He is an indigene of Benue State, Nigeria. Life has been a bit complicated for 2face Idibia (2baba) over the years. He nearly lost his life in a robbery attack where he was shot twice. He also had a complicated love life involving different baby mamas.
2face Idibia did is secondary education at Saint Gabriela high school in Makurdi, Benue state and later attended Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu (IMT). From there, 2face Idibia moved on to do music first from an amateur level and then professionally.
Early music career
While in school, 2baba started performing at events, shows, and parties. Other universities and colleges would invite him to perform at their events and shows, an indication of how good and talented he was musically.
He later dropped out of school with reasons best known to him to focus on his music career. Later on he moved to Lagos where he met and collaborated with another artists – Blackface (Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo) whom he met at IMT and formed a music group known as Plantashun Boiz. Chibuzor Oji (Faze) would later join to give the group a boost.
Together, the Plantashun Boiz music group became famous leading to the release of their two albums, “Body and Soul” and “Sold Out”. Sadly, the famous group broke up in 2004 and a few years later, they came together to record the final album of the group titled, “Plan B” in 2007.
Thereafter, the band broke up finally and all members of the group went solo again. At the time and afterwards, 2face Idibia (2baba) had and is still arguably the most successful solo artist from the group after the last break up. He later got signed on to Kennis Music. In 2006, 2face Idibia released his first album as a solo artist at Kennis Music.
Music Career (Record label)
Immediately after leaving Kennis Music in 2006, he founded Hypertek Digital which is his own record label. The track, “African Queen” is a one of the hit tracks off 2face’s Grass 2 Grace album launched in 2006 at Kennis Music. It is also one of the hit songs which gave the artist an international recognition and was used as a soundtrack for the movie, Phat Girlz.
2baba also released a single featuring R. Kelly and Prince Lee with the title “Hands Across the World”. He has also done many other album releases so far which include “Away & Beyond”, “The Ascension”, and the international version of “The Unstoppable.”
The Voice Nigeria show features 2face Idibia and other artists like Timi Dakolo, Waje, and Patoranking as judges.
2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia Albums
- Face 2 Face (2004)
- Grass 2 Grace (2006)
- The Unstoppable (2008)
- The Unstoppable International Edition (2010)
- Away & Beyond (2012)
- The Ascension (2014)
2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia Songs
- African Queen
- No Shaking
- See Me So
- 4 Instance
- Enter the Place featuring Sound Sultan
- Only Me
- True Love
- Omo t”osan
- 2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia – Break The Silence Ft. Samini, Sound Sultan, Ferre Galo, Machel Montano & Others
- How E Go Be featuring Stanley Enow
Awards and Nominations
2baba being a hardworking artist with a lot of grace has received numerous awards and nominations, some of which are listed below:
- Best Male Vocalist 2002 Affinity Awards
- Music of the Year 2004 Excellence
- Recognition Awards
- Outstanding Contribution to the Entertainment Industry 2004 Award for Excellence
- Best Male Vocalist 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Song of the Year 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Best New Act Male 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Best Video 2004 A.M.E.N Awards
- Song of the year for “African Queen” 2004 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best Album of the year 2004 Nigeria
- Entertainment Awards New York
- Best Hip Hop and R&B Artiste 2004
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Musician of the Year 2004 City People
- Awards for Excellence
- Best Male Video 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Video of the year 2005
- Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Act 2005 Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best African Act 2005 MTV Europe Music Awards
- Best African Act 2005 Kora Awards
- Best Musical Artiste 2005 Afro Nollywood Awards
- African Song of The Year (Non Ghanaian) 2005 Ghana Music Awards
- Special Recognition Award 2005 Hip Hop World Awards
- The Outstanding Musician of the Year 2005 Black Heritage Awards for Excellence
- Best Song of The Year 2005 G.C.E International Awards
- Musician of The Year 2006 The Future Awards
- Africa Break Through Artist of the Year 2006 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best Album of the Year 2007 Nigeria Entertainment Awards New York
- Best African Act 2007 MOBO Awards
- Song of the Decade 2007 Nigerian Music Awards
- Best R’n’B / Pop album 2008 Hip-Hop World Awards
- Best African Act 2008 Australian African Awards
- Best-selling Nigerian Artist 2008 World Music Awards, Monaco, Spain
- Best R&B MTV Africa Music Awards 2009
- Artist of the Year MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Best Male MTV Africa Music Awards 2010
- Most Gifted West African Video 2010
- Channel O Music Video Awards
- Best Pop Video for “Implication” 2010 SoundCity Awards
- Best Western 2010 SoundCity Awards
- One World Music Award
- One MTV Europe Music Award
- One MOBO award
- One KORA award.
- One BET award
- Four MTV Africa Music Awards
- Four Channel O Music Video Awards
- Five Headies Awards
2face Idibia (2baba) Idibia’s Marital life
2face has a chain of relationship controversies. He has fathered several children from different women. His first marriage was to Idibia and Annie Macaulay and it was a private marriage. This marriage took place in Lagos state, Nigeria in May, 2012 before it was made official on the 8th of March, 2013 in Eket, Akwa ibom State, Nigeria through a traditional marriage.
Their white wedding party took place in Dubai on Saturday, 23rd March, 2013 which had in attendance mostly Nigerian and Ghanaian celebrities. These turned out in droves to witness the couples tie the knot.
The marriage is blessed with 2 beautiful daughters. He has 5 other children out of wed lock from his numerous baby mamas.
In August 17, 2015 Annie Idibia made official that she has opened a beauty salon in Atlanta called BeOlive Hair studio.
Pero Adeniyi (2baba’s 1st baby mama)
Pero Adeniyi, is 2face “2baba” Idibia’s first baby mama and the daughter of Jide Adeniyi who is the founder and boss of POATSON. She was formally married to Tunde Borokini before taking in for 2face (2baba) Idibia and giving birth to two adorable kids by name Rose and Justin.
2face Idibia (2baba) owns a five bedroom duplex in Richmond Gate Estate. He also owns two Estates in Lekki, Festac Town, Lagos Island and Ikeja. There is a rumor going around that he owns a house in Haven homes located in Banana Island still in Lagos state. Although 2face chooses to keep most of his secret from the media, the truth remains that 2face Idibia (2baba) love luxury things.
Other Sources of Wealth
Mr. Innocent Idibia (2baba) also has a very functional and lively Nightclub called Club Rumour.
2face Idibia (2baba) now runs a non-governmental organization (NGO) which is called “2face Idibia (2baba) Reach-out Foundation” with the motto “service to humanity”.
Tuface is estimated to be worth N4.5 billion.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that this website is not in any way affiliated to any organization or company mentioned here. All the articles here are for sole informational purposes. The Author or Publisher of this article/website should not be blamed on how the reader chooses to use the information found here. Please do not attain to any call from this website asking for any money. We do not charge for information found here except for products like projects and Past questions.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.