The Best Free Business Intelligence Courses Online (Top 5)
Today we will be considering a simple yet very important topic, something that can bring about effectiveness in the work environment. In this article, we will be looking at The Best Free Business Intelligence Courses Online.
This article will provide the perfect guide and information that you need on how to apply for the Best Free Business Intelligence Courses Online. In this article, we will be profiling the top five. So keep reading.
The courses are not from a single source, they are from different MOOCs.
You might be wondering if the free courses really issue certificates, yes they do.
But first, let’s see some vital parts of business intelligence and why it is important to take the courses here.
In this article, we will answer some very salient and important questions regarding the field of business intelligence.
So what is Business Intelligence?
Business Intelligence, abbreviated as BI makes use of software and services to transform data into actionable information that affects a company’s strategic and tactical business decisions. Business Intelligence tools access and analyze records in other to present the results in reports, summaries, dashboards, graphs, charts, and maps to provide users with detailed information about the business status. In other news, the term also refers to a series of tools that, based on the available data, enable quick and easy-to-assimilate access to knowledge about the current status of a company.
Identifying the Basic Role of Business Intelligence
What key role does business intelligence play and why is it needed? Let’s briefly answer this question. The importance of BI or business intelligence cannot be over emphasize. BI plays a very essential role in strategic business development and is used for a variety of purposes including measuring performance toward business goals, performing quantitative analysis, reporting and sharing data, and identifying customer knowledge.
There are many ways business intelligence can help in the structuring of an organization and business growth, but we will list only ten of the most important way BI can help in business growth.
Here are top ten ways that Business Intelligence can help in the growth of a business and organization:
- Provide business information quickly and efficiently
- Come up with performance indicators aligned with your business strategies
- Empower and improve employee through data access
- Saves time on entering data and making reports
- Gain more customer insights
- Show important information about your sales
- Identify areas where you can cut costs
- Increase the rate of employee productivity
- Achieve greater social media intelligence
- Protect your business from online threats
Top Skills You need for Business Intelligence
Before you become a business intelligence expert, you will need some very essential skill which we are going to list here. So here listed below are some of the skills you will need as a Business Intelligence strategist.
- Data Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Specific Industry Knowledge
- Communication Skills
- Advanced Vision and attention to details
- Business acumen
These skills are what you will learn in these courses.
What are the Job Opportunities and Salary of a Business Intelligence Expert?
If you decide to take BI as career, is it worth it? What is the salary of a person in Business Intelligence annually? In the information age, business intelligence and information, when used strategically, can drive a company well beyond its competitors. In addition, exponentially increase brand awareness, internal engagement, and efficiency in organizational and profitability.
According to informed statistic, the BI industry is expected to make $26.50 billion by the end of 2021. Companies that use BI analytics are also likely to make five times better and informed decisions that companies that do not.
Despite these insights, the undeniable value of business intelligence and the incredible demand for BI knowledge, there is a serious shortage of BI-based data professionals with a deficit of 1.5 million in the United States alone.
You can close in on this gap and become one of the very few people making it big time from the BI industry.
So what is the annual salary of a person in the business intelligence industry and what are the opportunities?
The Job of a business intelligence analyst often requires a bachelor’s degree with the potential to rise in ranks with and NBA. The median annual salary of a business intelligence analyst is between $49,000-$95,000.
From information that we have gathered form recruiter.com and indeed.com, we can boldly say that the average annual salary of a business intelligence expert is $95,000.
So with that said and done, let us get to see the best courses that can propel your career in business intelligence analysis.
- Degrees and Certificates in Business Intelligence (Coursera)
- Business Intelligence Courses (Udemy)
- Free Business Intelligence Certifications (edX)
- Free Business Intelligence Courses (LinkedIn Learning – Lynda)
- Business Intelligence Courses (Microsoft Virtual Academy)
Degrees and Certificates in Business Intelligence (Coursera)
If you want to skyrocket your career in the business intelligence field, you will really need to for this coursera list of over 80 degrees and certifications. The programs are mainly sectioned in three level of difficulty cutting across beginner, intermediate and advanced. The classes will guarantee that you learn how to make very smart business decisions bases on data as well as manage data for future use. You will also get to explore new technologies for business leaders and put them into your process. Specialization and certification upon completion of courses is guaranteed.
Key facts and Objective of this course
- There are Complete the quizzes at the end of the lectures, as well as the graded assignments to earn the certificate.
- The set of lectures are broken into appropriate sections which makes it easy for the students to follow.
- The instructor explains all the concepts in a simple yet concise manner.
- You will learn to use various BI tools, mathematical and statistical results to obtain better results.
- The examples help you to understand the types of problems encountered in the real world.
Business Intelligence Courses (Udemy)
With its various program, Udemy platform offers a sufficient number of options to choose from and begin with business intelligence. The introductory part of the course starts with basic terms and concepts.
At the end of the course, you will gain deep understanding of the foundational skill to apply for relevant job profiles or to become self-employed.
Key Facts and Objective of the Course
- The beginner level programs can be taken without any prior experience.
- Tons of demonstrations and examples to properly explain the concepts.
- Learn to analyze data and draw insights from them.
- You will get acquainted with the BI tools and learn to navigate through them with guidance from the instructor.
- Lectures + Articles + Downloadable resources + Full Lifetime Access
Free Business Intelligence Certifications (edX)
The course is on edx along side other courses and certifications and related fields. WIth this course, you will be starting with the fundamentals such as Excel for data visualization and analysis and then go on to learn about various languages and BI tools such as Python, R Programming, Spark, SQL, and Hadoop. There are advanced Micromasters lessons for students with previous knowledge in this area. You will perform a series of operations and create business intelligence solutions.
Key Facts and Objective of this Course
- You will learn how to prepare data for statistical analysis, perform basic exploratory and descriptive analysis, and apply statistical techniques to analyze the data.
- You will learn how to apply methods, tools, and software for accessing and managing structured and unstructured data.
- The instructor explains the ideas well and at a good pace.
- A wide variety of examples helps you to get a clearer view of the topics.
- You will acquire the ability to explain complex analytical models and results easily with the help of demonstrations.
- You have the liberty to learn at your own pace with flexible deadlines.
- Complete the graded assessments and projects to earn the completion certificate.
Free Business Intelligence Courses (LinkedIn Learning – Lynda)
This course is basically designed for beginners and the foundational tutorials will lecture you on the hands on skills and knowledge you need to analyze present findings and make meaningful conclusions about data in a business setting. The primary courses in the higher classes include data collection, visualization, descriptive statistics, basic probability, statistical inference, and linear modeling. At the end of this tutorial, you will be able to provide important information by recognizing, interpreting, and summarizing data.
Key Facts and Objectives of the Course
- There are real life datasets from publically available sources which creates a realistic environment to approach the challenges
- You will be provided guidance to perform necessary installations and configurations.
- The lessons are explained in detail which helps the students to learn easily.
- Learn to apply fundamental analytics to common business decisions.
- Plenty of assignments to practice the concepts covered in the lectures.
- Courses are available for free for the first month after signing up.
- Also, exercises and videos are available for offline use.
Business Intelligence Courses (Microsoft Virtual Academy)
With over 35 courses, this virtual academy offers you a series of choice to improve you technicalities of applying BI tools to your organizational decisions.
The options can be choose based on the use of available filters and recent experience with relevant tools and software. You can make a choice of them according to you prefences.
Key Facts and Objectives of the Courses
- The lessons guide you to perform the necessary installations and configurations before getting started with the concepts.
- Work on the assignments and measure your grasp on the topics covered.
- A wide variety of examples and demonstrations help you to get a clearer view of the topics.
- The lessons will come in handy to appear for the Microsoft certification exam.
If you really want to excel in the field of Business Intelligence analysis, please make sure you apply for this Best Free Business Intelligence Courses Online. Make most of the opportunity now.
- Best Storytelling Courses Online in 2020.
- Best FL Studio Classes Online
- Best Videography Courses Online
- Best Life Coaching Courses Online
- Best Japanese Courses Online
- Best Acupressure Courses Online
- Best Communication Skill Courses Online
- Best Magic Courses Online
What do you think? Was this article helpful and useful?
If this article has been helpful Please share and Like us on Facebook@Examstuts